Thursday 28 September 2017

Shakespear Macbeth



We ventured to the twins first ever experience of a full Shakespeare play, a full 2.5 hours of Macbeth.

This production, filmed at the original Liverpool Everyman stars celebrated stage and screen actor, David Morrissey in the title role and Julia Ford as Lady Macbeth.

This was a bit of a gamble on my part but the digital screening was a free event at the Library so I thought we could leave if they got too bored, but to my surprise they lasted the whole performance.

Oliver was more interested than Olivia was, she spent quite a lot of time drawing and took notice to bits and pieces of the play. Oliver was more engaged and spent most of the time actually watching it to my surprise.

I think the London trip had some influence on that result as they had seen the Shakespeare Globe Theatre and seeing this in the flesh has given them a boost in interest of Shakespeare.

I asked them when we came out if they understood what the play was about and we had a chat about the plot and some scenes that were happening throughout the play, they both said it was boring but they enjoyed it, there were quite a few people who left throughout and never got to the end of the play, I do have to say it wasn't a great adaptation of Macbeth but I still enjoyed it and the kids said they would go to another performance, so win win all round really.

They both said that the play was much better than my Othello reading in the kitchen with my silly voices that I submit them to on occasion when I am in one of my crazy moods, I have to disagree and think my Othello readings are far better performances than the  Royal Shakespeare Company members, my acting is far superior!..



No comments:

Post a Comment