Wednesday 7 March 2018

Pneumonia when home educating!





I was so pleased that I did not go to the doctors before the Halle event as I never would have got there, although allowing the kids to force me into taking them to the Art Gallery and finding food afterwards would not have happened either, which would may have been a good thing really as being diagnosed with pneumonia is a definite deal breaker..  

I feel so poorly and unfortunately our yearly trip to the Birmingham Science Festival will have to be cancelled, there is no way I can drive to Birmingham in this state. The kids are less than happy but unfortunately I am not superwoman and will make it up to them somehow. 

Its early days for the penicillin to be kicking in but I promised them I would take them to see the Terracotta Warriors at Liverpool to make up for it in a few weeks time, time enough to allow me to recover.

I had to cancel hub explorers that should have been today and tomorrow we were supposed to be going to a glass blowing workshop in Fleetwood that I know I will never be able to make it to, which we are extremely disappointed about as we really wanted to go to that one.

I am not really too sure when I will be back on my feet again, although I did try today and I took some ebay orders to the drop off point and did some paperwork and tried to sort some boxes in the stockroom but doing even just  that made me feel worse and I spent a few hours afterwards with a fever, sweating and ended up soaked through, exhausted and with a massive headache, my cough is getting slowly more frequent.

The kids have been practising their life saving skills they have learnt at badgers, they have been rehearsing what to do in an emergency, I am not quite sure if they expect me to croak it or not, ha ha... it did make me laugh but I am very impressed at their proficiency.

It looks like any structured learning is off the cards, for a little while at least but these two have an inbuilt learning button so am I sure they will not stop learning just because I am down and out for the count.


No comments:

Post a Comment