I have learnt a lot from what people post and what news articles are shared and the many educational websites out there so I have decided to use this page to share some of the fascinating things I find and maybe give a comment or two.
World war 1 & 2 and the Colonies
- Colonies, Colonials and World War Two
- Africa and the First World War
- British Colonial Crimes Hidden
- Federation of Free States of Africa
Africa Before Transatlantic Enslavement
Slavery and dehumanising of blacks
- Haitian Debt to France (It can be said that ending Slavery only came at a cost when it came to France ending slavery, Haiti had to buy their way out, a firm basis for reparations rests on this question including looking at its effects whereby Haiti remains the poorest country in the Americas and one of the poorest in the world when in fact it was the most valuable to France one due to the sugar plantations, if you ever wondered why they are, then here is your answer, all their money since slavery went to France)
European Creation Of Racism
- Racist Ideas
- Racism in the age of Globalisation - To look at racism as an isolate without considering its relationship to globalisation and therefore imperialism, is not only to descend into culturalism and ethnicism but to overlook the state racism that embeds institutional racism and gives a fillip to popular racism.
- African Resistance to Colonial Rule
- Africa and the British Empire This is the most comprehensive I have found
Historical British Black Activists and Influential People
- Remembrance day is for all of us it is not just for whites
- This is Everyday Racism - Personal experience posts.
- BBC 4 History of Racism
- What Scientific Racism did to blacks worldwide
- Race and Intelligence - Science's Last Taboo
- Vintage British Racism
- A very British Kind of Racism
- End of Poverty
- Economics of Happiness (2011) this is more looking at Globalisation which does tie in with destruction of cultures etc and is related in that it is all about money above people, this falls into my top 5 of all documentaries.
- Racism: A History
- Ethnic notions the roots of racial stereotyping by uncovering 150 years of vicious portrayals of African Americans in art, film and even Saturday morning cartoons.